1. The Card
1.1 These terms and conditions apply to any holder of this Corporate Incentive card (‘the card’). By using your card you are demonstrating your agreement to these terms and conditions.
1.2 The card is promoted by Corporate Rewards (co-brand partner) and issued by Payrnet Limited. Registered Office Kemp House, 152 City Road, London, United Kingdom, EC1V 2NX. Registered in England No. 09883437. Payrnet Limited is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Electronic Money Regulations 2011 (registration number 900594) for the issuing of electronic money ("emoney"). PayrNet is a wholly owned subsidiary of Railsbank Technology Limited and provides regulated financial services to Railsbank customers.
1.3 The card will be provided in a stated currency. All references to that currency in these terms and conditions are relevant to you.
1.4 The card is an e-money product, and as such it is not covered by the Financial Services Compensation Scheme. In the unlikely event that Payrnet Ltd becomes insolvent, your funds may become valueless and unusable, and as a result you may lose your money.
1.5 These terms and conditions are available online at www.my-balance.co.uk. You can request a copy of these terms and conditions at any point in their duration.
ATM – means automatic teller machine or cashpoint facility or cash dispenser;
Business day – means a day between and including Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm (UK time) except for bank or public holidays in England and Wales;
Card – means your MyCard Prepaid Corporate Incentive Card (including replacement card and Virtual card);
Card scheme – means Mastercard;
Fees – a variety of charges that can be raised for purchase and ongoing use of the card;
PIN – means personal identification number i.e the security number provided for use with the card;
Purse value – means the maximum value of funds that can be held with the card any one time;
Supplier – a retailer, merchant or other supplier of goods and/ or services which accepts payment by means of a card, card number, PIN or card and signature;
Summary Box – The section that includes notification of charges, limits and restrictions associated with the card;
Supplier’s bank – the merchant acquirer used by the supplier for the purposes of receiving payments arising from transactions;
MyCard Prepaid Card – means a card with the features set out in these Terms and Conditions;
Virtual card – where applicable means a non-physical prepaid electronic payment card, the use of which is limited to on-line purchases or on the phone or mail order;
Verification of identity – means confirming personal identity and address of you by conducting electronic verification of your details or by you providing documentation of identity or by your employer providing verification of your identity;
We / us / our – means Payrnet Limited or co-brand partners acting on our behalf;
Year – 12 month period following the date when the card is issued to you and each subsequent 12 month period;
You / your – means the person/employee who has received the card and is authorised to use the card as provided under the terms of this Agreement.
3. Applying for your MyCard Corporate Incentive Card
3.1 Your employer or business partner may apply for the card on your behalf and we may ask to see the evidence your employer or business partner holds to evidence who you are and where you live. We may require documentary evidence to prove this and/or we may carry out checks on you electronically. Such evidence may be provided on your behalf by your employer or business partner or may be required directly from you as a cardholder.
4. Loading the card
4.1 Funds will be loaded to your MyCard Corporate Incentive Card by your employer or business partner.
4.2 Funds cannot be loaded by you or accepted from any other source than you employer or business partner.
4.3 We reserve the right to refuse to accept any particular loading transaction.
4.4 Once we have received a request from your employer, funds will be processed without delay and will normally be available for use no later than three working days after receipt of the request.
4.5 Once loaded to the MyCard Corporate Incentive Card the funds become the property of the cardholder except in the following circumstances:
- 4.5.1 If the card is issued for the purpose of corporate expenses or a corporate event.
- 4.5.2 If the cardholder is no longer eligible for the programme with which the card is associated.
5. Use of the card
5.1 The card is provided to you as a means of receipt of corporate funds provided to you as a result of an incentive given to you by your employer or business partner.
5.2 The card is a prepaid product which can be used to pay for goods and services at retailers that display the Mastercard® Acceptance Mark. Use it in full or part payment of your purchase in which case you will be required to pay the outstanding amount of the purchase by an alternative means, for example, cash or debit or credit card providing the retailer accepts a combination of payment methods.
5.3 When you receive your card, you must activate it online on here and call 01244 779 615 to retrieve the PIN (this does not apply for Virtual cards that need to be activated online only).
5.4 You must not make purchases that exceed the balance of funds available on the card. Your balance will be reduced by the amount of each purchase you make. If any purchase takes you over your available funds or the card limits in force the transaction will be declined.
5.5 You can use the card to make purchases in-store (not applicable for Virtual card), via the internet or over the phone. There is no cash back facility. This is not a debit card supported by a bank account, and is not in any way connected to a bank account. It is also not a guarantee card, charge card or credit card. Interest will not be earned on any funds loaded on to the card.
You must not use the card for:
- 5.5.1 pre-authorised regular payments or pre-authorised self service petrol pumps;
- 5.5.2 transactions for cash including for example ATM withdrawals, cash back, cash from a bank, money orders, traveller’s cheques, foreign exchange, or bureau de change, or
- 5.5.3 any illegal purposes.
5.6 Your card cannot be used in situations where it is not possible for the supplier to obtain online authorisation that you have sufficient balance for the transaction. For example: transactions on trains, ships, and some in-flight purchases.
5.7 We may stop, suspend or restrict your card or PIN on reasonable grounds relating to:
- 5.7.1 the security of your card, card number or PIN, and
- 5.7.2 the suspected unauthorised or fraudulent use of your card or PIN. We will, if possible, inform you before stopping, suspending or restricting your card or PIN that we intend to do so and the reasons for doing this. If we are unable to do so then we will inform you immediately afterwards. The requirement to inform you does not apply where it would compromise reasonable security measures or it would be unlawful to do so.
5.8 We are not responsible for the quality, safety, legality, or any other aspect of any goods or services purchased with the card. We are not liable for the failure of any merchant to honour the card.
5.9 We will not issue the main card under these terms and conditions to anyone under the age of 18 years old.
5.10 Contacting you We may need to contact you urgently if we suspect or find fraudulent activity has occurred on your account (provided we are not prohibited from doing so by law) or if we suffer a security threat. To do so, we may (for example) send you a text message instead of calling or emailing you, if we think this is the quickest way to contact you. When we contact you, we will also give you information on how you can minimise any risk to your payment instrument depending on the nature of the security threat. We’ll use the same contact details which you have already provided us with when contacting you. You must inform us immediately if your personal details or contact information change.
6.1 You agree that any use of your card, card number or PIN constitutes your authorisation and consent to a transaction.
6.2 You cannot stop a transaction after it has been transmitted to us by giving your consent to the transaction, or once you have given your consent to the supplier for a pre-authorised payment.
6.3 For card-based payment transactions where you do not know the exact amount of the payment transaction at the time you authorise it, we will not block funds on your payment instrument unless you authorise the exact amount to be blocked. This could be the case for payments you make at hotels for example. We shall release any blocked funds without undue delay as soon as we are aware of the exact amount of the payment transaction and immediately after receipt of the relevant payment order.
7. Foreign currency transactions
7.1 The card can be used for transactions which are not in the currency of the card although a fee will be applied for doing so.
7.2 If you make a transaction in a currency other than the currency of the card we will change the amount into the currency of the card at the wholesale market rate or any rate that a government may set. We will charge a service charge (commission), see Summary Box.
7.3 Exchange rates may change, and the exchange rate which applies on the date that you make your transaction may not be the same as the exchange rate we use on the date that we convert the transaction charge and deduct the service charge from your balance. The exchange rate applied will include this service charge. You can check the exchange rate used as described in condition Your online statement will show the exchange rate and service charge.
8. Checking your balance
8.1 To check the available balance on your card or to review your transactions visit www.my-balance.co.uk.
9. When your card expires
9.1 The card’s expiry date is printed on the card (not applicable for Virtual card) or in case of Virtual card can be seen in your online card accunt. You must not use the card after its expiry date.
9.2 If you own the funds loaded onto your card under condition 4.5 you can redeem any outstanding balance on the card up to 6 years after the expiry date by following the process in condition 10. If any balance remains on the card for more than 6 years after the expiry date, it will not be refunded.
10.1 You can redeem under condition 9.2 all or part of your balance by calling us on 01753 778 813 up until the date that is 6 years after the expiry date shown on your card or your online card account for Virtual cards.
10.2 A fee will be charged (see Summary Box) to cover redemption costs on each occasion that you or your employer or business partner redeems funds if the redemption is of all or part of the balance at the following times:
- 10.2.1 where redemption is requested before termination of the contract;
- 10.2.2 where the e-money holder terminates the contract before any agreement termination date; or
- 10.2.3 where redemption is requested more than one year after the date of the termination of the contract.
10.3 You will be reminded of this fee before redemption. Please note that if the balance is equal to or less than the amount you want to redeem in the circumstances listed above, the fee will equal your balance which will be reduced to zero.
10.4 A fee will not be charged for redemption if:
- 10.4.1 we terminate this agreement, or
- 10.4.2 if the request for redemption is at termination of the contract or up to one year after that date.
11.Removal of funds
11.1 The employer or business partner who owns the programme that this card is associated to may reserve the right to remove funds from the card in the following circumstances.
- 11.1.1 If the card is issued for the purpose of corporate expenses or a corporate event:
11.1.2 If the cardholder is no longer eligible for the programme with which the card is associated;
- 18.104.22.168 In the case of 11.1.2. the cardholder will be given 30 days notice to use the funds on the card after which date the employer reserves the right to remove the funds.
12.1 You must sign your card (not applicable for Virtual card) as soon as you receive it and keep it safe. You must always make sure that you:
- 12.1.1 do not allow anyone else to use your card or Virtual card number;
- 12.1.2 only release the card, card number or PIN to make (or try to make) a transaction, and
12.2 If your card is lost or stolen or someone else finds out the PIN or if you think your card, card number or PIN may be misused, you must:
- 12.2.1 Call our Lost/ Stolen land line without undue delay on 01753 778 813 (we have a 24/7 service. You will be charged at standard network rates) or report your card lost or stolen when you login to your MyCard card account at www.my-balance.co.uk for free so that we can stop your card and PIN;
- 12.2.2 if we ask, write to us within seven days to confirm the loss, theft or possible misuse (the address is Card Services, PO Box 67528, London, EC2P 2HU.), and
- 12.2.3 stop using the card, card number or PIN immediately. If you find the card or Virtual card details after you have reported it lost, stolen or misused, you must destroy it and tell us as soon as you can.
12.3 If your card, any replacement card or Virtual card number, is lost or stolen, once you have reported it you can request a replacement by calling + 44 1753 778813. We will charge a fee for the replacement card. This is set out in the Summary Box.
12.4 You may be liable for any use of the card, card number or PIN by another person who does not have your permission to use it or if it is lost, stolen or destroyed, if:
- 12.4.1 you agreed to that person having your card, card number or PIN, or through gross negligence or carelessness, failed to comply with condition 11.1, in which case you may be liable for any use that occurs before you tell us in accordance with these terms and conditions, or
- 12.4.2 you acted fraudulently then, to the extent permitted by law, you may be liable for misuse of the card, card number or PIN.
- 12.4.3 you may only be liable to a maximum of £50 or currency equivalent resulting from transactions arising from the use of a lost or stolen card or from the misappropriation of the payment instrument where the cardholder has failed to keep security features of the card safe. The £50 or currency equivalent liability limit is applicable to each instance of loss, theft or misappropriation and not each transaction.
12.5 If your card or card number is used without your permission, or is lost, stolen or if you think the card may be misused, we may disclose to law enforcement agencies, any information which we reasonably believes may be relevant.
12.6 We will not be liable for:
- 12.6.1 any abnormal or unforeseeable circumstances outside our reasonable control (for example, a failure of computer systems which happens for reasons outside our reasonable control or any industrial action which happens for reasons outside our reasonable control) if this prevents us from providing the usual service;
- 12.6.2 any person refusing to accept or honour (or delays in accepting or honouring) your card, card number or PIN, or
12.7 In case of errors or disputes about transactions, call us on 01753 778 813.
13. Altering these terms and conditions
13.1 We may change any of these terms and conditions, including fees and charges, or introduce new terms. If we make any changes, we will give 2 months prior written notice to you by email or other agreed means.
13.2 If we change these terms and conditions, the new terms and conditions will be available at www.my-balance.co.uk from the date the change takes place.
13.3 You will be deemed to have accepted any change to these terms and conditions unless you notify us of any objection before the proposed date of the change.
13.4 Between receipt of the notice and the proposed date of change, if you notify us that you do not accept the change, this agreement will terminate immediately and subject to condition 10.4.2 you can redeem the total balance at that time without charge.
14. Cancellation rights
If you change your mind about having the card, you can cancel it within 14 days of the date you receive confirmation of your application being approved by calling us on +44 (0) 1244779615. You will not be charged for canceling the card during this period.
15. Ending this agreement
15.1 We may terminate this agreement at any time. Unless there are exceptional circumstances we will give you 2 months’ prior written notice.
15.2 You can terminate this agreement by calling us on 01244 779 615 subject to conditions 12.4 and 13.
15.3 If you do not redeem the full balance within 6 years of your contract’s expiry date, this agreement terminates.
16.1 By entering into this agreement you agree that we may use your information in accordance with the ‘How we use your information’ section of these terms and conditions, as set out in condition 18.
16.2 We may monitor and/or record telephone calls between you and us or service providers.
16.3 You must provide us with an email and postal address and phone number and let us know of any changes.
16.4 We may transfer our rights or obligations under this agreement or arrange for any other person to carry out its rights or obligations under this agreement. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under this agreement.
16.5 We can delay enforcing rights under this agreement without losing them.
16.6 If we cannot enforce any paragraph, condition or part of a paragraph or condition under this agreement, it will not affect any of the other paragraphs, conditions or the other part of the paragraph or condition in this agreement.
16.7 This agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales. The language of this agreement is English and all notices and information given under this agreement will be in English.
17. Payment services information
17.1 This condition 16 only applies if the supplier’s bank is located within the European Economic Area (EEA) and the payment services being carried out are transacted in Euro, or another currency of an EEA member state.
17.2 We will ensure that a transaction you make is credited to the supplier’s bank, or that returned funds following redemption or cancellation are credited to your bank within these timescales:
|Type of Transaction||Timescale|
|Transaction carried out in a currency other than Euro (€) or Pounds Sterling (£) or US Dollar($) Or Transaction involving more than one currency||By the end of the fourth business day following the day on which the transaction or order is received|
|Any other Transaction||By the end of the business day following the day on which the transaction order is received|
17.3 If you use your card or provide your card details to a supplier to make a transaction before you know the amount which is going to be charged to your card, then you may be entitled to request a refund if the amount is different from the amount you authorised, provided that you tell our customer services team about it on +44 1753 778813 within eight weeks from the date the transaction is deducted from your balance but you will NOT be entitled to a refund if you have been told by us, or the supplier, of the amount of that transaction at least four weeks before the transaction is due to be deducted from your balance, and you consented to the transaction.
17.4 On receipt of such a request under clause 16.3, we may require you to provide us with the information to ascertain whether the conditions in clause 16.3 have been met. Within 10 business days of receiving a request from you under condition 16.3 or of receiving any additional information required under this paragraph, we will provide a refund or justify why we are refusing the request.
17.5 We are liable for the correct execution of the transaction unless we can prove that the transaction was received by the supplier’s bank, in which case the supplier’s bank is liable to the supplier. You may request that we make immediate efforts to trace an incorrectly executed transaction and notify you of the outcome.
17.6 When a supplier initiates a transaction it is the supplier’s bank which is liable for the correct transmission of the relevant details to us. If the supplier’s bank can prove that it is not responsible for a transaction which has failed or has been incorrectly executed, we will be responsible to you.
17.7 If we are responsible for an incorrect amount of a transaction being deducted from your balance, we will correct the error. If we are responsible for a transaction being deducted from your balance which you did not authorise, we will refund the amount of the transaction to your balance and treat the transaction as if it had never occurred. You must inform us of an unauthorised or incorrect transaction as soon as possible and in any event no later than 13 months after the debit date. If you do not do so, we may not be liable.
17.8 We are not liable if you incorrectly identify the supplier under a transaction. In such a case, we will make reasonable efforts to recover the funds involved.
18. Complaints and how to contact us
18.1 If you would like to make a complaint, or contact us for any other reason connected to these terms and conditions please write to Card Services, PO Box 67528, London, EC2P 2HU, email us on email@example.com or call us on 01753 778 813. We have procedures in place to make sure that we handle your complaint fairly and quickly. However, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR.
18.2 All complaints will be dealt with within 15 days, other than in exceptional circumstances where we may take up to 35 days. Should we take longer than 15 days to respond to your complaint, we will provide an explanation regarding the delay.
19. How we use your information
19.1 We will search your record at credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. These searches are to check your identity and we do not carry out full credit reference checks or credit scoring for this purpose. We will use an automated decision-making system to assess your application and verify your identity.
- 19.1.1 If we are unable to verify your identity adequately, we may ask you to provide some documentary evidence to help confirm your identity and address.
19.2 Credit reference agencies may check the details you supply against any particulars on any database (public or otherwise) to which they have access. An unrecorded enquiry will be made. An unrecorded enquiry is a search that was not made for lending purposes. It cannot affect your credit rating or score when you apply for credit. It is not seen by lenders other than the one that carried out the search. It is included on your credit report so you know the search was made but does not affect your credit rating, or score, when you apply for credit.
19.3 If you give us false or inaccurate information and we identify fraud, we will record this with fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
- 19.3.1 The fraud prevention agencies will share records with other organisations. We and other organisations may access and use the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies overseas.
- 19.3.2 Please phone us on 01753 778 813 if you would like details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies. You have a legal right to these details.
- 19.3.3 You have certain rights to receive a copy of any information we hold about you. Please write to: Card Services, PO Box 67528, London, EC2P 2HU We may charge you for this service.
19.4 Some information held by credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will be disclosed to us and other organisations to, for example:
- 19.4.1 to prevent fraud and money laundering, by checking applications for credit, credit-related or other facilities, proposals and claims for all types of insurance, job applications and employee records, and to verify your identity.
- 19.4.2 The information held by these agencies may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
19.5 When you have an agreement with us we may use the following types of information about you:
- 19.5.1 information you give us or we already hold about you, including any phone number you call us from, which we may record;
- 19.5.2 information we receive when making a decision about your application or agreement, including information we receive from enquiries and searches made in your name with credit reference and fraud prevention agencies;
- 19.5.3 information (including details of payments and transactions) we may hold about any managed account or policy which you hold with or through us, and
- 19.5.4 information we receive from anyone who is allowed to provide us with information about you.
19.6 We will process, use, manage, control, release and record information about you to:
19.6.1 search credit reference and fraud prevention agencies’ records (including information from overseas) to manage your account;
19.6.2 manage your accounts and policies, and manage any application, agreement or correspondence you may have with us;
19.6.3 carry out, monitor and analyse our business;
19.6.4 contact you by post, by phone or in another way about other products and services which we consider may interest you – unless you tell us that you prefer not to receive direct marketing;
19.6.5 fight fraud, money-laundering, terrorism and other crimes, and
19.6.6 keep to any laws or regulations in any country.
19.7 We may reveal information about you:
- 19.7.1 to any person working for us or our co-brand partners;
- 19.7.2 to fraud prevention agencies;
- 19.7.3 to any organisation which backs any of our products which you hold;
- 19.7.4 to any payment system under which we issue your card;
- 19.7.5 if a payment is processed through a worldwide payment system, to certain authorities in order to detect and prevent terrorism (including authorities outside the UK);
- 19.7.6 to any person to whom we transfer any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you, and
- 19.7.7 to anyone you authorise us to give information about you to.
19.8 Processing your information, as described above, may involve sending it to other countries outside of the EEA including the United States of America. In such circumstances we are responsible for making sure that your information continues to be protected.
19.9 We will keep information about you for only as long as we need to or is required to meet legal obligations.
20. SUMMARY BOX
Summary box charges. This table summarises key product features and information and is not intended to replace the terms and conditions of the product. . The fees’ limits and restrictions that apply to each card are set out below. The fee structure for your card depends on whether you have purchased a ‘Sterling card’, ‘Euro card’ or 'US Dollar card'.
|Fees and limits||Sterling||Euro Card||US Dollar Card|
|Fee for each card replacement card||£5||€6||$7.50|
|Fee for redemption (when applicable – see Condition 10)||£10||€12.50||$15|
|Fee for ATM balance check||£0.50||€0.70||$0.75|
|Fee for ATM PIN change||£0.50||€0.70||$0.75|
|FX exchange rate markup||1.5%||1.5%||1.5%|
|Monthly Card dormancy fee (after 12 months)||£2||€2.5||$3|
|Maximum balance at any time||£5,000||€6,250||$7,500|
|Maximum monthly load||£10,000||€12,500||$15,000|
|Maximum annual load||£20,000||€25,000||$30,000|
|Maximum purchases per day||20||20||30|
|Maximum loads per day||3||3||3|
* There will be 1% FX auth padding added to transactions that are made in a different currency that is issued on the card. After a settlement the difference will be reverted back to your card.